The Elections Committee of the Ghana Association of Public Health Officers (GAPHTO) wishes to announce to all members that, it has officially Opened nominations for Qualified Members to Express their desire towards contesting for National Executive Positions of the Association. The Association is due to go to the polls to elect National Executives during the 2021 Annual General Conference to be Hosted in the Volta Region from 25th October 2021.
The Committee equally Consulted the various structures of the Association as well as inputs from committee members to ensure integrity and credibility of the process(s) before, during & after the Elections. This was based on experiences from previous elections within the association and Ghana’s election processes.
The elective positions of the association for which nominations are being opened are indicated below :
- National President
- National Vice President
- National General Secretary
- National Deputy General Secretary
- National Treasurer
- National Public Relations Officer
Eligibility Criteria for Nominations
The following fundamental eligibility criteria are required by each contestant for any of the elective positions . They include the following;
- The Age of Nominee must be less than 55 years at the time of filing nominations
- Nominee should have served for three(3) years or more in his/her practicing profession (Disease Control, Health Information & Nutrition) from his/her first appointment date.
- Nominee should be a member in good standing (dues paying).
- Nominee should not have any disciplinary action against him/her within the Association, workplace, in the country or outside the country.
- Nominee should not have any criminal record against him/ her within or outside the country.
Required Documents for the Filing of Nominations
The following are required documents to be attached by nominee during submission of nomination forms;
- A copy of birth certificate or SSNIT card.
- Copy of recent pay slips (most recent 3 months).
- Copy of professional academic certificates.
- Copy of Any other Relevant Supporting Documents
Process of the Submitting Completed Nominations Forms
All forms and required or additional documents should be;
- Scanned (pdf format) and submitted through this email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitted as hard copy to the National Secretariat by any means appropriate by the nominee
Opening & Closing Dates of Nominations
Nomination is opened from Thursday 10th June, 2021
Nomination will be closed on Tuesday 8th September, 2021.
Interested members May contact their Respective Regional Branch Executives to pick copy of the nomination form or alternatively download a copy below: